Automation of AIJ processing of multiple stars

Automation of AIJ processing of multiple stars

ghawkins
I see there are several posting relating to the use of macros to automate AIJ processing of raw images.  However, I believe the last one was in 2019, but AIJ development has moved on a lot since then.

I'm collecting images of long-period variables, and rather than process these by hand I would like to process them automatically.  File structure would be fixed, and obviously, target and comp stars will remain constant for much of the time.

Is there a way to automate the processing of raw science images with AIJ? Has anyone experimented with tools like Auto Hot Key?  Does anyone have thoughts on how to achieve this?

Best regards,

Gary

Re: Automation of AIJ processing of multiple stars

Hi Gary,

We have not developed any additional automation capabilities at this point. The ImageJ/AIJ macro language is quite powerful and there are lots of ImageJ online resources explaining how to use it. We do hope to develop a more general API, but have not done so yet. The earlier posts I think explain how to do what you want to do. We can support them directly, but if run into something in AIJ that is not supported by the macro language, we can often implement it rather quickly.

Re: Automation of AIJ processing of multiple stars

ghawkins
Hi Karen,

Thanks for that information.  I thought that was probably the case but thought I'd ask to make sure I'd not missed something.

Best regards,

Gary