AstroImageJ for unconventional LCs

SCO

AstroImageJ for unconventional LCs

SCO
This post was updated on .
Hi, I am working on a project to determine the possible presence of periodicities in the LC of a star surrounded by dust/rubble/etc.  The occultations are not predictable and they do not result in a normal exoplanet LC.  I would like to use AstroImageJ and the "Dataset 3 Fit Settings" screen to optimize the LC before further analysis.  In what ways should I use the "Dataset 3 Fit Settings" screen differently for such an LC than I would use it for a conventional exoplanet occultation (if any)?  Thanks!

Ed
Sycamore Canyon Observatory
https://scosci.com/

Re: AstroImageJ for unconventional LCs

The fittings panel can only fit single exoplanet transit models at this time, so it is probably not useful for your project.

Karen