Astro H Hitomi video light curve

Thomas
Trying to help Paul Maley come up with a way to get a  flash rate/light curve from his video of the Astro H satellite that is tumbling that is in trouble on orbit. Been trying with regular Image J but this looks more like what Paul is needing.
The first issue with Paul's video is it jumps around as Paul is trying to track the object manually. Also at times the object almost totally disappears. I am new to the software but seems it could be used to figure out flash rates and graphically represent a light curve for a tumbling satellite. We have been using a gray scale surface plot. The issue there is a addressing atmospheric scintillation and synotic effect from video.
Is there any one who can possible help or at least give us a general guide in how to use AstroImage J to do this. Not a professional  or expert just a lowly amateur astronomer/satellite watcher.
Thank you for any help
Regards
Thomas

Re: Astro H Hitomi video light curve

chrismlt
Thomas,

Is there a way to access to a copy of your video file ?

Also, did you check the instructions on this thread ?

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Perform-differential-photometry-on-an-object-moving-across-a-field-td240.html

Chris

Re: Astro H Hitomi video light curve

Thomas
Chris
We have been reading the manual just learning to open the program and understand the just a few basic settings at best. As we said it is a steep learning curve. We are only a back yard sky watcher and Satellite observer.
Here is a link to Paul's video file it is a large AVI file and what show on our system it is in a DV codec. To make it open in Image J and Astro Image j we had to convert the video to a MJPEG 4 video file.
This is the ASTRO-H  debris A ,SPC #41337 believed by some to be the main spacecraft bus.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gcFP1-HiGrcWtGVUdyODE2Y1E/view?ts=56f9bddb

We managed to make a "live" profile gray scale surface  plot which does show the brightness change over the track of Astro H on a small part of the over all track which doesn't jump around a lot but have not figured out how to save it in an animated video file if that is even possible. We have tried to build just a still image Profile plot of the isolated part of the track we cut out of the video but it does not show the whole track that we hi-lighted using the line function.
We are no a professional or academic so our computer skills maybe lacking.
It took us more than a month just to get the basic image J working so we are not the sharpest when it comes to computer programs and set up.
We have also experiment with stabilizing the video  but with little success.
Once again we are reading the manual but it does take time to digest and understand at least for us old folks.
If you or any one can help it would be appreciated.
Regards
Thomas

Re: Astro H Hitomi video light curve

chrismlt
Thomas,

Unfortunately, for some reasons I could not connnect to google drive. Is there any possibility to send the video via dropbox ?
AstroImageJ is somewhat complex at first sight, but it is worth ;-)

Chris

Re: Astro H Hitomi video light curve

Thomas
Chris
Paul is going to try and set up a drop box account today will let you know when it is ready.Paul is having computer issues this morning some this may took some time to get done.
We like what we see with AstroImageJ and have send the link to others we know who are into Astrophotography and other astronomy interest.
Thanks for the help.
Regards
Thomas