Annotations visible during place apertures

Annotations visible during place apertures

clkotnik
I would like to make an annotate on an image and use it to guide me while I place apertures.  However, the annotation seems to disappear when I go to place aperture.  Is there some way to keep the annotation visible?

I have noted that place aperture may alter the visible image in an image sequence so I make sure to annotate the appropriate image.  In the Annotate menu, I have auto update annotations in FITS header checked which seems like it should be making them persist.  I also have checked Display annotations from FITS header when image is displayed.

I am working on an image sequence, but also tried this on a single image and it behaves the same way.  Another thing I tried was to open a single image, annotate it and save it.  When I reopened it the annotate was display, but again disappeared when I went to place apertures.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cliff
Cliff Kotnik
AAVSO KCLA

Re: Annotations visible during place apertures

Hi Cliff,

There is no way around this currently, but I see the usefulness of the behavior you want, so let me see if I can find a reasonably easy fix.

Karen

On 10/20/2018 6:16 PM, clkotnik [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
[...]

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/Annotations-visible-during-place-apertures-tp1062.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: Annotations visible during place apertures

clkotnik
Karen,
You are amazing.  How you find a way to be everywhere I do not understand.  I hope you fit a little sleep in there.
Cliff
Cliff Kotnik
AAVSO KCLA

NAML