Adding airmass column for AAVSO report file

Adding airmass column for AAVSO report file

pablotwa
Hi Karen

I'm also contributing to the NASA Exoplanet Watch database through the AAVSO, apparently when I use AIJ to reduce the data and even though AAVSO is accepting the AIJ generated files, Exoplanet watch can't accept it because it's lacking the airmass in the AAVSO file. Is there anyway to add an Airmass column to the AAVSO file in AIJ?

Thanks!

Pablo

Re: Adding airmass column for AAVSO report file

Dennis Conti
Hi Pablo,

I believe that problem is that you are not including AIRMASS as a specified detrend parameter, which Rob is expecting, when you are using AIJ to create the database upload file. See number 8 in Section 3.0 of the user guide for the AIJ macro that creates an AAVSO Exoplanet Database upload file: https://astrodennis.com/AIJMacroHelp.pdf

By specifying AIRMASS as a detrend parameter, the macro will pull the values from your AIJ measurement table when it is creating the upload file.

Let me know if this works.

Dennis

Re: Adding airmass column for AAVSO report file

pablotwa
Hi Dennis

Indeed they just updated the results and this time they included my AIJ results of GAIA-2 b which I fixed by adding AIRMASS as a detrend parameter.

It worked.

Thank you!

Pablo