AIJ2 problem -- Aperture Photom on Debayered RGB stack.

AIJ2 problem -- Aperture Photom on Debayered RGB stack.

Jeffrey Larsen
I am really impressed by AstroImageJ and its new display, in fact I want to put some asteroid measurement plugins in when I come up to speed.

I have a student processing Celestron Nightscape images we took with this.  Of course they are Bayer filtered so we apply the Debayer first.  An "RGB Stack" comes up which is easily measured both with the original ImageJ with Astro plugins and AstroImageJ version 1.0.  In 2.0, however you get the following message the moment you try to photometer the first slice in the stack:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at Aperture_.checkResultsTable(Aperture_.java:797)
        at Aperture_.storeResults(Aperture_.java:639)
        at Aperture_.run(Aperture_.java:330)
        at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.processOneImage(PlugInFilterRunner.java:256)
        at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.<init>(PlugInFilterRunner.java:105)
        at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:187)
        at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:152)
        at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:127)
        at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
        at ij.IJ.run(IJ.java:251)
        at ij.IJ.run(IJ.java:229)
        at ij.macro.Functions.doRun(Functions.java:581)
        at ij.macro.Functions.doFunction(Functions.java:82)
        at ij.macro.Interpreter.doStatement(Interpreter.java:216)
        at ij.macro.Interpreter.doBlock(Interpreter.java:539)
        at ij.macro.Interpreter.runMacro(Interpreter.java:131)
        at ij.macro.MacroRunner.run(MacroRunner.java:143)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

The expected measurement table never appears.  For the first star attempted the aperture sum and aperture are plotted on the overlay but subsequent clicks are denied with the message "RGB Stack Locked" in the main window.

My lack of Java programming shows now (and this is the first Java program that ever interested me enough to have me wanting to get at its internals) and I guess I need to rectify that.

Any chance of a quick fix for this?

Re: AIJ2 problem -- Aperture Photom on Debayered RGB stack.

Hi Jeffrey,
Thanks for the trouble report. I have been able to duplicate the problem now, and it appears that the Debayer plugin does not copy the FITS header to the RGB stack. I have not found the exact problem yet with the resulting null pointer (shouldn't happen even without a header), but a quick workaround is to use the Astronomy->Copy FITS header plugin to copy the original header to each of the rgb stack slices. Unfortunately it seems this has to be done one slice at a time.

There will be two levels of fixes beyond the work around, but it may be early next week before I can get another beta version posted. First, I will fix whatever is causing the null pointer exception. I will also look into having the Debayer plugin automatically copy the header to all slices in the rgb stack.

Let me know which computing platform you use and I will get that version posted first.

Karen

On Dec 14, 2012, at 6:08 AM, "Jeffrey Larsen [via AstroImageJ]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/AIJ2-problem-Aperture-Photom-on-Debayered-RGB-stack-tp14.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML

Re: AIJ2 problem -- Aperture Photom on Debayered RGB stack.

This issue has been resolved in the AstroImageJ 2.0.0 release.

Re: AIJ2 problem -- Aperture Photom on Debayered RGB stack.

liuhuan

Converse shoes accept been in business back 1908 and over the accomplished century, they accept accustomed the apple some accomplished footwear. Top in design, achievement and style, these shoes accept captured the imaginations of the adolescent bearing with a aggregate of actualization and http://converseso.com/goods-255-Converse-Chuck-Taylor-All-Star-Girl-Classic-princess-Shoes-Lo-top-Blue.html converse chuck taylor all star low top double tongue trainers grey pink comfort. You can now buy antipodal on one of the online portals at discounted ante and adorn your apparel with some nice and comfortable shoes.