AIJ Image Display Interface for Fiji

sarah
Hi

I'm using AstroImageJ, but I'm also using Fiji (http://fiji.sc/Fiji) for developing plugins in Clojure. I find the AstroImageJ Image Display very helpful for Astronomical images, especially the auto brightness & contrast tool and the histogram. It would help a lot to have this interface also in Fiji.

Since the program is open source, I thought I could find the source for this features and implement them in my Fiji. Could you tell me, what files I would have to take from AstroImageJ?

Thank you!

Sarah

Re: AIJ Image Display Interface for Fiji

Hi Sarah,
     The AstroImageJ image display interface requires changes to the base ImageJ code and also requires two classes that extend StackWindow (AstroStackWindow) and ImageCanvas (AstroCanvas). There will be other files that the two new classes require, but they are all in the distribution and you will readily see which ones you need when you attempt to compile the code. The base ImageJ code changes are scripted so they can be applied to new builds of ImageJ periodically. I don't know much about FIJI or Clojure, so I am not sure how transportable the script will be for your application. Plus, there are changes that support other features of AIJ, so you would need to sort those out. I'm not sure of your programming experience, but I think there might be a long learning curve to get this project going, and might take a good deal of time. If you are still interested to tackle the project, I am happy send you the ImageJ modification script. Just email me at karen period collins at physics period louisville period edu.
     The AIJ specific source code is in the Astronomy_.jar file if you want to look at it. The modified ImageJ source code is in ij.jar if that helps.

    By the way, I think I have found a way to duplicate the small screen image display bug you reported, but I haven't found a fix yet (I haven't really had time to dig in deep enough yet - but I will).

Karen

On 7/2/2013 4:58 AM, sarah [via AstroImageJ] wrote:
Hi

I'm using AstroImageJ, but I'm also using Fiji (http://fiji.sc/Fiji) for developing plugins in Clojure. I find the AstroImageJ Image Display very helpful for Astronomical images, especially the auto brightness & contrast tool and the histogram. It would help a lot to have this interface also in Fiji.

Since the program is open source, I thought I could find the source for this features and implement them in my Fiji. Could you tell me, what files I would have to take from AstroImageJ?

Thank you!

Sarah

http://astroimagej.1065399.n5.nabble.com/AIJ-Image-Display-Interface-for-Fiji-tp52.html
To start a new topic under AstroImageJ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from AstroImageJ, click here.
NAML